JOIN THE TEAM
Surf Collective is looking for contributors with strong writing, photography or video skills, in conjunction with creativity and a passion for what is new and innovative. To apply, and to receive more information, please send an email to joseph [at] surfcollectivenyc [dot] com
SURF COLLECTIVE NYC is offering several internships in our editorial department. Candidates must be self-motivated, able to multitask, comfortable in a fast-paced environment, responsible, organized, and professional. You should have a background and interest in Surf, Culture, Art, Music or Fashion and experience with research, copy writing, and digital/web production. Experience in Microsoft Office is required; knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite is highly desirable, but not required.
Successful candidates will assist with day-to-day operations for Surf Collective. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to: image and editorial research and archiving, preparing storyboards, coordinating photo shoots and general editor/contributor assistance. This internship is available immediately. Candidates should be based in New York or have the ability to work remotely and available to work for at least fifteen hours per week. To apply please send your resume and cover letter, in PDF format to joseph [at] surfcollectivenyc [dot] com.
SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGER
The Social Media Manager plays a key role in leading Surf Collective and Surf Collective Magazine’s social media strategy. Driving successful social media campaigns and content across owned and external social channels.
- Brainstorm actionable ideas that help enhance SC’s social media presence and achieve our brand and business growth goals.
- Have a passion for storytelling, bringing the SC brand to life in a differentiated way to engage current & new followers.
- Keep a finger on the digital pulse and an eye on the social media landscape in order to discover what’s new and what innovations are around the corner.
- Excellent project management skills, detailed-oriented, highly organized with the ability to manage multiple project deadlines efficiently.
Social Campaigns, Content & Influencer Programs
- Help lead the Social Media strategies, annual and seasonal social media programs and campaigns.
- Day-to-day partnering with internal and external creative partners to build out monthly content calendars, defining cadence and overall strategy on Pinterest, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and others as needed.
- Help fill gaps in content flow, proactively propose ideas for engaging the SC contributor network, internal resources & content gathering to fill those gaps.
Social Calendar & Content Publishing
- Work with internal team and contributors to manage the social content calendar with accurate and up-to-date information that aligns with the seasonal marketing calendar and messaging.
- Oversee scheduling and posting of all content in sync with the calendar and according to channel goals and best practices for high engagement; check to assure it goes out as planned.
Who you are
- Marketing or communications student, degree preferred
- Social Media channel management experience a plus
- A passion for social media and to be active in multiple social networks and consume the latest, greatest technology, social network or app.
- A strong interest in travel, art, music, fashion and cultural affairs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; strong editing skills with attention to detail
- Creative thinker with an innate visual aesthetic
- Hands-on knowledge of digital media tools – Digital photography, basic Photoshop/photo editing skills, knowledge of apps commonly used for creating social content; basic video creation/editing skills are a bonus
- Experience in a variety of popular social media platforms – Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, Tumblr, etc.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Adobe Suite is a plus.
- Thrives on working in a collaborative, fast-paced work environment with strong attention to detail and accuracy
To apply please email your resume and cover letter to
Joseph [at] surfcollectivenyc [dot] com.