YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION MAY BE PROCESSED BY US IN THE COUNTRY WHERE IT WAS COLLECTED AS WELL AS OTHER COUNTRIES (INCLUDING THE UNITED STATES) WHERE LAWS REGARDING PROCESSING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION MAY BE LESS STRINGENT THAN THE LAWS IN YOUR COUNTRY. BY USING THIS SITE AND PROVIDING ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION, YOU ARE CONSENTING TO THE TRANSFER OF DATA FROM YOUR COUNTRY TO A COUNTRY THAT HAS LESS STRINGENT LAWS, AND THE PROCESSING OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION IN CONFORMANCE WITH THIS POLICY.
- 1.Children's Privacy and Parental Controls
We do not solicit, knowingly collector maintain any personal information from children. If you are not 18 years of age or older, you are not authorized to use the Site. Parents should be aware that there are parental control tools available online that you can use to prevent your children from submitting information online without parental permission or from accessing material that is harmful to minors. If we later learn that a user is under 18 years of age, we will take steps to remove that user's Personal Information from our databases and to prevent the user from utilizing the Site and the Services.
- 2.What information does SURF COLLECTIVE collect?
(a) Personal Information. To register with the Site, you must provide us with your email address and password. Personal Information provided during the registration process includes, but is not limited to, your name, birthday, address, and demographics (i.e., income, buying preferences, and gender). When you elect to use certain other features of the Site, such as making purchases or opting-in to other communications (phone, text messages, etc), we may require you to provide additional Personal Information so we can provide such features.
For example, when you purchase products through the Site, we collect your billing address in addition to your “Payment Information”, which means information necessary to process a payment from you, including the following: (i) your name as it appears on the card; (ii) the credit card type (VISA, MasterCard, American Express or any other issuer then accepted by us); (iii) a valid credit card number; (iv) the date of expiration of your credit card; and (v) any activation numbers or codes needed to charge your card. We collect Payment Information only to process your transaction and transmit it to our third party payment processor. If you do not wish to provide us any Payment Information, you may opt to process your order with PayPal, in which case we will not collect any Payment Information from you.
(b) Anonymous Information. We may use “Cookies”, which are bits of data that attach to and uniquely identify the browser on your computer. Cookies allow us to quickly check your status as a customer, track referrals and recommendations, access your preferences and assist us with authentication. Cookies, along with navigational data like the URLs from which you come to our Site, also allow us to passively collect and store Anonymous Information, including the date and time you arrived at our site, the type of browser you are using, and the pages viewed. We may use both session Cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent Cookies. Persistent Cookies can be removed or blocked by following the help file directions in your Internet browser. If you choose to disable Cookies, however, you will not be able to use certain features of the Site (e.g., art advisories) or remain logged in.
- 3.How does SURF COLLECTIVE use the information we collect?
(a) Personal Information. We use Personal Information in order to give you a more enjoyable experience on the Site and to help us identify and/or provide information, products or services that may be of interest to you. We use this Personal Information to support and enhance your use of the Site and its features, including without limitation, fulfilling your order, providing customer service, and tracking email invitations you send. We may also track your past purchases to provide you with a personalized profile of your shopping history. In addition, we may notify you about new services or special promotional programs from us or third parties, or send you offers or information.
- 4.How SURF COLLECTIVE disclose the information we collect?
(a) Personal Information. We will not share or disclose your Personal Information to any third party except as follows:
- Vendors. We may permit certain trusted third party vendors to access your Personal Information in connection with their performance of services to maintain and operate the Site and certain features on the Site. For example, we may use third parties to: host the Site; operate various features available on the Site; send emails; analyze data; provide search results and links; and process your payments and assist in fulfilling your orders.
- For Legal Reasons. We may disclose Personal Information in order to comply with a subpoena, court order, administrative or governmental order, or any other requirement of law, or when we, in our sole good faith discretion, believe it is necessary in order to protect our rights or the rights of others, to prevent harm to persons or property, to fight fraud and credit risk reduction.
- With Your Consent. We may disclose your Personal Information to third parties to whom you ask us to send Personal Information.
- By You. If you use a bulletin board, chat room or any other publicly accessible area of the Site, you should be aware that any personally identifiable information you submit there can be read, collected or used by any person for any purpose. We are not responsible for the Personal Information you choose to submit in these areas. Please be thoughtful about the information that you post.
(b) Anonymous Information. We may share Anonymous Information with third parties for any purpose.
- 5.How does SURF COLLECTIVE protect your information?
SURF COLLECTIVE uses reasonable technical and management practices to help protect the confidentiality, security and integrity of data stored on our system. While no computer system is completely secure, we believe the measures we have implemented reduce the likelihood of security problems to a level appropriate to the type of data involved. The Site encrypts your credit card number and other personal information using secure socket layer (SSL) technology to provide for the secure transmission of the information from your computer to our servers. In addition, only those employees and third parties who need access to your information in order to perform their duties are allowed such access.
- 6.How can you access and update your Personal Information and preferences; Opting Out of marketing messages?
If you are a registered user, you may access and update your registration information (other than your email address) and your preferences by logging in and visiting the “Account” section of the Site. You may access and update your Personal Information and preferences through that link.
- 7.Can I delete my account with SURF COLLECTIVE?
You may request deletion of your Personal Information by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org, but please note that we may be required (bylaw or otherwise) to keep this information and not delete it (or to keep this information for a certain time, in which case we will comply with your deletion request only after we have fulfilled such requirements). When we delete Personal Information, it will be deleted from the active database, but may remain in our archives and we may also retain Anonymous Information about your use of our Services. Once we disclose some of your Personal Information to third parties, we cannot access that Personal Information any longer and cannot force the deletion or modification of any such information by the parties to whom we have made those disclosures.While we make efforts to accommodate requests to restrict our use of your information, we reserve the right to delete all or any portion of your Personal Information if we are not able to reasonably accommodate a requested restriction.
- 8.Third Party Sites
Last Updated: February 8, 2021